Benefits of Renewing Your Certification
Ability to add your certification/credentials & digital badge to your LinkedIn page, Resume, Business cards and more.
Digital certificate updated with new expiration date every time you renew.
Step into a world of professional growth and empowerment with our captivating Renewal Rendezvous! Embrace a refreshingly dynamic approach to renewing your credentials, tailored to reinvigorate your journey in the most meaningful way. Elevate your expertise and embrace the path to continued success!
Renew with us today and open the door to a brighter professional future.
Certification RenewalThe intelligence and investigative sectors face ongoing changes and emerging threats that impact how intelligence and investigative professionals meet their organizations and or agencies needs. As such, the knowledge and skills investigators need to possess to provide professional assurance and consulting services continually evolve. The McAfee Institute requires their board-certified professionals to enhance their knowledge, skills, and other competencies through continuing professional development. This requirement helps ensure that professionals in our sector remain competent in the growing and dynamic profession of intelligence and investigations.
Biennial Reporting RequirementsThe McAfee Institute requires certified individuals to self-attest every two years (biennial) that they have met the CPE requirements outlined in this document. CPE reporting requirements vary depending on the program in which the professional is certified.
Biennial CPE HoursTo retain your certification, you will have to earn and submit CPE credits during the two year certification period in order to renew.
Qualifying CPE ActivitiesOne of the most common ways certified individuals earn CPE hours is by completing educational programs. In fact, certified individuals may earn all of their required biennial CPE hours by attending such programs.
- Be a formal program of learning that contributes directly to the professional competence of the certified individual.
- Clearly state program objectives, which specify the level of knowledge the participants should have attained, or the level of competence to be demonstrated upon completion of the program.
- Clearly state education or experience prerequisites, if appropriate for the program.
- Be developed by individuals who are qualified in the subject matter and instructional design.
- Provide current program content.
- Provide evidence of program completion or participation and the appropriate number of CPE hours earned (e.g., a certificate of completion).
We Recognize the following CPE ProgramsThe McAfee Institute recognizes the following professional education and development programs as meeting the aforementioned criteria:
- Seminars and conferences provided by national, state, or local law enforcement, fraud, loss prevention, or similar investigative or intelligence-based organizations.
- Technical sessions at meetings of national/federal, state, or local law enforcement, fraud, loss prevention, or similar investigative or intelligence-based chapters (e.g., training provided during a McAfee Institute event).
- Formal in-house training programs that meet the aforementioned educational program requirements.
- Relevant industry-specific educational programs provided by other professional organizations or societies.
- College or university courses enrolled in and passed (credit and noncredit courses with C grade or better) after successful completion of our certification programs are eligible for CPE.
- Formal correspondence and self-study programs relevant to intelligence and or investigations that meet program criteria, including evidence of completion.